You must have seen people keeping dogs in their homes as an important part of their family. Dogs are considered by many to be ‘man’s best friend.’ However, due to various situations to which it is exposed or the way in which it was trained, the animal may end up having violent behavior towards people. In the United States alone, about 4 million people suffer from a dog bite a year. And in many cases by legal right, compensation can be obtained or legal action against the owners of the animals depending on the injury and the state where it occurred the unfortunate accident. If a dog has bitten you or your loved one in Stafford County, then you must hire personal injury attorneys in Stafford Virginia to figure out if you are eligible for compensation, to protect your rights, and to get the best possible outcome in your favor.
Following are some personal injury cases due to dog bites that occurred in the US:
- While washing his car at the entrance of his home, a person is injured when the dog bull terrier, who was walking, is released from its owner and launches against the person, knocking him down to the ground, and biting his right hand.
- While delivering the mail, mailman suffers injuries to the back and left thigh when the owner’s Doberman attacks him. Since the gate was badly closed, he had saved. However, the injured mailman should still hire personal injury attorneys in Stafford Virginia as soon as possible to figure out what legal steps must be taken right away to protect rights as well as obtain the right amount of compensation for the injuries and damages suffered.
- While walking down an avenue in his neighborhood, a young man suffered severe injuries to his right foot when, suddenly, from a private property two pit bulls appear and begin to attack him. And he, scared, runs off and tries to escape, jumping a fence, but his foot gets bitten before abandoning the place.
- When a contractor appears to perform a plumbing job on private property, the skilled person is injured on his left arm, when the German shepherd dog of the property owner’s family escapes from the courtyard, where he had locked it up, and attacks the employee. Although he provides the service of an ambulance, he does not offer to pay the medical expenses of the plumber. In this case, the plumber should hire personal injury attorneys in Stafford Virginia to obtain the compensation amount the injured person truly deserve.
- While trotting through the neighborhood in the morning, a young man has injured the calf of his right leg, when, in front of a home, the loose dog of a neighbor is on him. He tries to negotiate with the owner of the dog that has attacked him, but this person, instead of providing medical treatment and data of his pet, hides the dog and verbally assaults the injured. In this case, it is imperative for the young man to hire personal injury attorneys in Stafford Virginia to know what legal proceedings he should initiate and how he can obtain the maximum possible compensation that he deserves.